Lovely Amy Schimler Fabrics

5:04 pm


Lovely Amy Schimler fabrics, originally uploaded by indiaeden.

A quilter I am not! This is my first ever attempt at making a quilt, and I think I've possibly broken every quilt making rule there is in the process.
Quilting is something, though I've often admired I've never really had the urge to try. My only previous attempts were as a schoolgirl, where we did patchwork, using lots of little bits of cardboard and scraps of fabric. I remember making a Humpty, and despite rather enjoying the process, hating the finished object.
Still, I had these lovely fabrics bought from Amy's Etsy store and thought a quilt for baby might be nice.
I've learned a lot while making this quilt, not least to make sure I have a good supply of plasters in the house before using my rotary cutter!
I'm fairly happy with the result, it's far far from perfect and I'd probably be embarrassed to show it to any of my quilting friends,but I don't think baby will mind, and maybe even one day he/she will love the mistakes all the more because it was made with love by his/her Mama!

My first ever quilt

Don't be shy, say hello!

5 comments

  1. Anonymous5:51 pm

    Oh heaven's - you MUST be crazy ;-)
    Beautiful work - how can you possibly be so patient?!
    Best wishes,
    Daria

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, baby will too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's lovely :-) I'm no quilter either! J's eyespy quilt is crappy by any quilting standards, but he loves it :-) and your baby will love yours and I'm willing to bet it's not half as crappy as the one I made :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks great! Don't worry about it not being perfect (you haven't seen any of my quilts close up LOL!) You LO will love it because you made it!

    I did recently learn a tip about quilting - starch your fabrics before you start, makes the cutting and piecing easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SHEIN offer students a 15% discount. Get your student discount code through your UNiDAYS account. Keep an eye out for extra discounts from time to time, and chances to save on sale items.
    Get Shein Student Discount

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love to hear from readers, hate to think I'm talking to myself here, so don't be shy say hello!